On 06/07/2005, at 9:50 AM, Mark Secker wrote:

In my experience many things like this in Australia run three to five years behind any US trend.

And in my experience the conservative academic realm (research based universities) are another 3 to 5 years behind general Australian trends.

And seeing as the cycle repeats itself every 10 years or so, Australian Universities should be on the cutting edge of technology trends...

around here we prefer to call it "the bleeding edge"
We're looking at using a remote software distribution/audit/management system for Windows (name eludes me right now Altera? maybe), the Domain admin dude is making it sound like the hottest new thing on the block and I just roll my eyes and groan and mutter under my breath "Zen Works"

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus

<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)