Daniel Kerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One model that you might want to look at is the Brother. My Mum uses the
> Brother 8840D which is a Laser Multifunction unit with fax.

Thanks Daniel. I poked around the Brother website and it looks like I
could get something with the basic features for under five hundred
dollars. (7240, 7220)

I also read on Whirlpool to avoid HP as their Mac driver software is
crap.

>   I'm not 100% sure if it would work with the Base Station,
> but in saying that you'd still have to unplug it to use the scanner features
> as the Airport only allows the Printer part to work.

No problem there. I don't mind plugging in by USB from time to time.

> As for somewhere to buy,...I hear MacWizardry can do them for a good price.

Talk to me about the sub 500 dollar machines... would far rather deal
with a WAMUGger than with Harvey Norman!

Lara