Hi Mike.

of cours Onno's probably on the right track but just before you do that try this:

Actually Mike there should be already installed on that iBook (unless I deleted it?) a program called APgraph which measures signal strength of any wireless signal regardless of if you are connected or even configured to connect...

Run it just long enough to see you have signal strength as the program's a dog and rapidly starts to chew up CPU cycles if left running too long.

Also as I took the faulty memory out I needed to disconnect the airport card's antenna so check that that is firmly in place.

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus