From memory, you have to prefix the password to join a 3rd party wireless
network (non Airport base station).  There are quite a few other articles on
the Apple Airport support site too at http://www.apple.com/support/airport/

Cheers

Greg

From: Michael Bradley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:26:52 +0800
Subject: airport on a windows network

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to make my new ibook airport card see my 802.11b netgear
wireless,  it just doesn't seem to know it's there!

I've been trying the airport setup wizards, and they ask if I'd like to
connect to an existing airport network, and no other relevant
options......I'm new at this. but can anyone of you guru's who've delt
with this give me some advice.
Thanks in advance
Mike
oh, I'm using wep encription aswell

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro