On 28/11/2005 10:22 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a PB G3 and when I tried to turn it on again I now get a flashing
> folder
> with a question mark and then OS symbol. I suspect that the system has lost it
> blessedness. What do I need to do
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> John

Hi John

Another thing to try if the System Folder isn't "blessed" is to try the
following:-
Boot off the OS9 CD like you mentioned.
Open the Hard Drive Window and System Folder Window so you can see both.
Move the "finder" from the System Folder to the Hard Drive then move it
straight back to the System Folder.
This should then "re-bless" the System Folder if it wasn't blessed before.

Then see if you can restart and boot off the Hard Drive.

Fingers crossed!

Kind Regards
Daniel Kerr
---