On 25 Jan 2006, at 7:09 AM, John Thompson wrote:

Hi,
Robert appears to have covered it fairly well. I have recently (last November) connected to broadband with iprimus and agonized as you are because the instructions stated ideally one, or at most, two phones only on the one line. My line comes into the house in the lounge room then travels around the outside of the house to the main bedroom, around the back and other side to the "Office". On this line I have two handsets, a remote, fax and answering machine.

I simply put a filter on each outlet before the device and the main filter before the router and all worked well.

Hi All,

I emailed John about his description and he has replied with expanded information :-

" The kit arrived with one only dual outlet filter (which I have termed 'main filter') with instructions to instal it directly into the output socket, one outlet goes to the router, the other takes the 'office' phone/fax and answering machine. "

If you end up with one of these Dual outlets , take care you connect the right output to the ADSL Modem/Router .

There will be a Filter in the circuit of one of the outlets ( for the phones ) , but the other will be " Straight through " .

Obviously the " Straight Through " is the one that connects to the Modem / Router "

Thanks John !

Bob

A friend of mine who had never touched a computer in his 60 odd years until just over a month ago has recently done a similar thing through iinet and had no problems. If he can do it, anyone can.

Have fun and enjoy broadband.

John Thompson