On 17/04/2006, at 10:37 PM, Paul wrote:

Lloyd White wrote:

Hope you are all rested after the Easter break.

Can anyone tell me where I look to measure my internet or download speed? Is there a monitor built in? I am supposed to have a 512k ADSL and it is SO
SLOW since I "upgraded to OSX 10.4.6.

The new Intel advert that Glen posted took 40 seconds before the stationary figure appeared and was still stationary after 3 minutes with the bar slowly
creeping across. I gave up then.

It also takes 70 seconds to download 30 seconds of music from the Apple
Store.

That doesn't sound too good.

Here is a test site:

http://www.dslreports.com/stest

Good luck

Paul

Thanks Paul,
The test showed download speed of 2.7 KB/s, upload 11.7 KB/s
I think I'm in trouble!

Your upload speed is normal for a 512/128 I think.

My Westnet 512/128 tests as 47 KB/sec down and 11.7 KB/sec up.

My Westnet 512/128 tests as 52 KB/sec down & 12.2 KB/sec up
Tested at the below site.

<http://bmods.briscomp.org.au/>

Bigpond Broadband Speed Test: This test provides an easy to understand download and upload speed test results for your broadband connection.

Car'n The Pies