QOS: 99%
RTT: 91 ms
MaxPause: 58 ms
Test location: Brisbane
-----------------------
*])]

 Rosemary Horton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 18 Apr 2006, at 16:06, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 18/04/2006, at 3:53 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 17/04/2006, at 10:37 PM, Paul wrote:

Lloyd White wrote:

Lloyd White wrote:

Hope you are all rested after the Easter break.

Can anyone tell me where I look to measure my internet or download speed? Is there a monitor built in? I am supposed to have a 512k ADSL and it is SO
SLOW since I "upgraded to OSX 10.4.6.

The new Intel advert that Glen posted took 40 seconds before the stationary figure appeared and was still stationary after 3 minutes with the bar slowly
creeping across. I gave up then.

It also takes 70 seconds to download 30 seconds of music from the Apple
Store.

That doesn't sound too good.

Here is a test site:

http://www.dslreports.com/stest

Good luck

Paul

Thanks Paul,
The test showed download speed of 2.7 KB/s, upload 11.7 KB/s
I think I'm in trouble!

Your upload speed is normal for a 512/128 I think.

My Westnet 512/128 tests as 47 KB/sec down and 11.7 KB/sec up.

My Westnet 512/128 tests as 52 KB/sec down & 12.2 KB/sec up
Tested at the below site.

<http://bmods.briscomp.org.au/>

Bigpond Broadband Speed Test: This test provides an easy to understand download and upload speed test results for your broadband connection.

Another speed test site.
<http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp>
"We created our Internet Speed Test to be the most accurate broadband Speed Test on the internet! In fact, many sites charge for speed tests similar to this one!"

Car'n The Pies