On 1/12/06 11:19 AM, "Kelly Duffy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried not to join in, but why not!
>
> I don't want it.
>
> When I worked with horses, a long time ago, the daylight in the
> morning was far more useful than at night. When you're up at 4-5am you
> don't want it any darker. I expect it's the same for a lot of people
> that don't work standard 9-5 jobs.
>
> Now I don't work with horses anymore, but I am not looking forward to
> trying to get a 6 year old to bed with bright sunshine!
>
> Daylight saving won't bring us in line with the Eastern States,
> there's still going to be a big enough time difference.

For my line of work, that one hour makes a huge difference.  If we want a
rushed part out of Sydney to be a plane flight, normally we would have a 1-2
o'clock deadline.  Now its 12-1.  Losing that hour came mean an extra day of
downtime because we can't get the part.  And for our clients, that could
mean thousands of dollars lost due to an extra day downtime.

Seeya

Rod!