Jon,

I think the answer is in your question...

As far as I am aware, Bigpond charges for all traffic (other than from their own servers), so Software Update downloads will count towards the total.

Assuming that a bunch of Software updates were installed in the last month, that could easily account for 750MB...

A number of other ISP's allow free traffic from Akamai's servers - would definitely be worth a look!

Hope this helps!

Steve.

PS: was all set to vote for Ronni for WotY too - but couldn't get past the Collingwood allegiance :)