It may be worth checking if all her email [assuming using Apple's Mail.app] has been removed from the server. Control-click on any of the blue mail folders in the folders list [in the left pane] then open 'Get Info', then select 'Messages on Server' which gives you a list of all the messages still resident on the server, then select them all [assuming you don't wish to keep any altho I can't see why anyone would want to] and then delete them.

The other suggestion of ensuring messages are deleted from the server as soon as read will prevent such a build up again.

I check that Messages on Server every few months or so and always find some messages still there even though they should have been removed. Don't know why this happens. I just include that process now in my [ir]regular housekeeping procedures.

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA