just  my 2c
if there is no translation: can you open it with os9/canopener (opens every file)? and extract the text by itself (select-copy-paste)
if you can read the files in osx you may give textedit a try
normally files are arrange in the way the on the beginning you have settings & formatting info (can be multiple pages long!) then the text & the end holds more formatting stuff it's possible that you have to "cheat" & just rename it with the .txt ending to force programs to read your file as plain text file......
cheers  James