Bob,
You were able to capture text and probably tables in your translations. Did the figures survive?
Merv

At 12:21 PM +0800 12/6/07, Robert Howells wrote:
On 09/06/2007, at 7:48 AM, John Daniels wrote:

Dear Wamuggers
Many thanks for all your responses to the thesis translation problem. I have
the thesis on CD now and can e-mail it if needed. Tony Cobain has been able
to access some of it using MacLink version 14, but to access it fully
apparently an earlier version is required.
The thesis was typed on MacWrite 2 he tells me.
Can anyone suggest any other avenue to pursue or is it a re-type job from
the original bound copy of the thesis?
Regards
John

For the list   :

This was actually a Macwrite file .....  AND

it DOES convert to text using ClarisWorks or Word 5 in Classic / OS9 2 2.

Having been saved as Text from Word 5 it is then readable by Word 2004 in OSX .

GOES TO SHOW          the need to keep updating OLD data so that
it can be accessed by current means .

Have fun

Bob

"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."