The Powerbook G4 only has a Cardbus slot and is not forwards compatible to an ExpressCard style format. It'll work with a MacBook Pro (as the MBP has an ExpressCard slot) but I'm afraid the only way around this one is to track down an older Cardbus style card or use it as an excuse to grab a brand new MacBook Pro.

I'd pick the latter ;)

Mal