Michael, if the card is powered, and picking up the signal, I would have thought that you could then use Network preferences to dial up the Next G service - that is if the software given to you by Telstra doesn't work. In other words, if you have a USB modem, there should be a USB modem driver on your system that you can manually set up, if the supplied software isn't working. The driver is all you really need.

I think there are other people on the list using this modem (I'm still on the CDMA telstra modem which worked with both a G4 and Macbook Pro). cheers, Susan.