While my MM is still working okay, it seems from the comments of
others that these gadgets have the potential to be as troublesome as
any of their Apple forebears. I found the following site which shows
how to open and clean them if all else fails:
http://shirster.multiply.com/journal/item/194

I notice in one of the pics with the how-to article there is a packet
of ciggies.  Smoke particles have never been good for electronics.
Could there be a link to the ill-health of Mighty Mice?

Cheers, Paul.