On 14/02/2008, at 7:36 AM, David Wood wrote:

G'day All,

Performed update last night on my Powerbook no problem. However, when restarting after download on my iMac G5 the screen has frozen on the start up page featuring the Apple logo and the countdown wheel. No matter how many times I have turned the machine on and off it is still frozen.... any advice at this stage would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
David

If you restart holding down the command and V keys you will start up in "verbose" mode. Your screen will fill with ugly white UNIX code on a black background, but you will see where in the startup process the fault may lie. I've found in the past that performing this simple act alone can often fix whatever the problem is.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913