Thanks for the encouraging comments from everyone.

My next task is to check that some of my old favourite and used-daily
programs are Leopard compatible.

Lloyd

> On 28/02/2008, at 9:47 PM, Lloyd White wrote:
>
>> Every morning I check macfixit.com for the latest news and every day
>> it is
>> full of stories about Leopard failing in some way or another.
>> Problem after
>> problem.
>>
>> Thursday morning had a huge list of problems.
>>
>> I am still with Tiger, waiting for some stability in leopard.
>>
>> Is it really as bad as it seems?
>>
>> Lloyd
>
> Hi Lloyd,
>
> It is important you Prepare for Upgrading to Leopard.
> First Check that your Mac is compatible with Leopard (that it meets
> the requirements) & make a backup of all your data.
>
> Clean up your Mac .... get rid of outdated software, downloads, and
> files you no longer need, as incompatibilities may show up and cause
> problems.
>
> Check that the applications you mostly use are compatible with Leopard
> --- this includes items listed under Login Items in the Accounts
> preference pane, third- party preference panes, and third-party system
> add-ons. If new versions are available, download them. (Ideally, you
> should
> install the new versions before upgrading to Leopard; however, some
> may still require reinstallation afterward.)
>
> As Peter Hinchliffe said
>> Most, if not all problems (which at best have been minor) have been
>> related to third-party issues.
>
> After I upgraded by 'Archive & Install' I did experience Permission
> Problems on my main Administrator Account.
> My Group was 'Unknown'- id 501 a carry over from Tiger -not as it
> should be in Leopard Group 'staff' - 20.
> After a bit of a hassle I was able to fix this. If it happens to
> anyone I can explain what I did.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni

> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--------

Lloyd White
22 Challenger Parade
City Beach
Western Australia 6015
Ph: and Fax: (08) 9385 8174

Write a Winning Job Application 4th Edition 2007.
http://lloydwhite.iinet.net.au/