Morning,

G5 2.7, had an issue with restarting after Leopard was installed. I quickly found a collection of simple remedies, just letting machine sit, removing side panels and replacing. But once machine had updates installed it all went well; although I shutdown instead of re-start now. This has to do with fan controls which are greatly improved under Leopard, no more departing aircraft when doing anything on machine it actually utilises different sections in varied degrees, but sometimes daemon does not reset when resetting machine. Hence the red light light from within, and machine not booting.

Ram usage is significantly improved especially in Apples Pro products as is processor allocation when assigning jobs between processors. Rendering of FCP Studio products has been reduced as a consequence, machine releases unwanted Ram and CPU's, something Tiger reluctantly did without persuasion. This I would say is a contributing factor as why fans are not so noisy as machine does not reach peak temperatures so easily. Although compressor has had longish rendering times with some captured files not noticed in Tiger. But, I have stopped job and reset compressor through PID, sorts it usually sometimes just a timing error.

Overall, machine does operate faster/reliably, there are a lot of little things that make it an improvement. I have a flashed PC nVidia Geforce 7800GS which has improved out of sight with Leopard before the specific Graphic update, but exponentially since. Mail - iCal improved synching as with Address Book, Dock.Time Machine although rather large drive required, and jury still out as I have always utilised a Unix tool rsync for backups which allows me to save across network. But saying that one can see it's obvious advantages of Time Machine within the simplicity of Mac OS X. Spaces another great tool from Unix and about time Apple allowed users to tap into, more desktop space, without the expense of hardware.

Annoying things:
iCal's new editing (cmd+e). Time zone on original install but fixed since?
Bluetooth removed from Address Book.
FCP Studio updates not installing; Do not install Security Updates until all of FCP is updated. 3rd Part Software although most have caught up, but to be sure just go through your collection verify, especially printers, scanners, and capture cards.

Once you have installed and updated, it becomes the Mac experience one expects; with little improvements all over, and some yet to be discovered.

Cheers!
`Rob...