Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:16:26 +0900
To: Ronda Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Jude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT seek advice on TVs
Bcc:
Personally I would say stick with a good CRT until better technology comes out. Although these new formats are touted as being great, they in fact aren't as good as the old technology (yet) and the main reason for the change is more about manufacturing difficulties than improvements to the tech.

Find a nice widescreen CRT and add a set-top box and you'll get a cleaner image, nicer blacks, no motion lag AND it'll be a lot cheaper, because the technology is (said to be) End Of Line. I've even gone so far as looking at the $20,000 Bang and Olufsun (or maybe it was $40,000) and it's really not as good as a really good CRT.

The only 'good' LCD I have heard about is the >$60,000 professional broadcast colour correction monitors, and these don't usually come with speakers or a TV tuner. I just bought myself a cheap CRT colour correction monitor for $1,000 and it does everything perfectly well.

Don't get sucked in by the hype.

cheers
Jude