Hi Peter I found these videos very helpful and interesting

HDTV Shoppers' Survival Guide
David Pogue cuts through some of the confusion over HDTV.
<http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=9ce076381d2191074c688102b3fd70b1960e8e04>

Packing The Deal
Is an expensive HDTV cable really better than a cheap one?
<http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/packing_the_deal/>