Plasma also has an "optimal viewing distance" which is a ratio of the size
of the screen (I forget what the math is). Therefore the bigger the screen,
the further you have to sit away from it to get a decent picture....LCD does
have that problem which means that a bigger LCD screen "looks" bigger
because you can sit closer to it.

I have the 42" 1080p LG LCD with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response
time. I haven't seen any ghosting on it with fast moving video (sports etc),
and the black doesn't look washed out at all. Overall I am extremely happy
with it. Oh and I picked it up for $2350 on sale.

Adam.