Hi Ronda ... read my other post.
Sorry to be a "killjoy" but I have heard this all before .. in fact almost identical reasoning !!

On 08/05/2008, at 1:50 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 08/05/2008, at 1:42 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

My commiserations to our Westnet  based members

Bob

<http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23665272-15306,00.html >

I don't agree with you here Bob, (hope I'm proved right in my understanding of Westnet's reasons) ;-)
I think this will be a good for WestNet Members.

Why is Westnet joining forces with iiNet:
Westnet Directors have chosen to join forces with iiNet in order to provide a greater range of products and services to existing and new members, to allow Westnet to strengthen its standing in the ISP market and for commercial reasons.

iiNet sees great value in Westnet's achievements as an internet service provider, notably, our strong levels of customer service, as rated by independent surveys. Operating the two businesses side by side will allow us to share the best elements of two independently successful companies.

What will happen to your current Westnet services?:
Nothing. For existing members and their services, its ‘business as usual'. Westnet will continue to operate these services into the future.

What will change?
Westnet aims to bring more products and services to our members, such as increased ADSL2+ availability, VoIP, and Naked DSL services. Apart from this, nothing will change from a customer perspective. You will continue to be served by the team at Westnet for your technical support, accounts service and for sales of additional products.

<http://www.westnetblog.com.au/2008/05/08/westnet-join-forces-with-iinet/ >

Regards,
Stephen Chape