Why does broadband in Australia suck so much?

because australia telecom later telstra never bothered to invest in proper equipment & provide "service" in europe optical fibre networks got installed long before telstra thought of doing that, we are clearly in the back-back water of broadband, any korean, janese, european can get far better internet than we aussies
cheers  James