Hi John

Yes, I understand that it is only other Skype users you can conference with.
But then, it's not difficult to download and install Skype (though I have
much less problems with Skype on my Mac than  Windows users tend to do). In
fact I had a Skype-based conference call this evening between myself in
Perth, two separate people in Dubai, and one in Brisbane. All went without
hitch. It seems that the video function of Skype does not work whilst in
conference mode though, ie. conferencing is for audio only. Unless someone
else wants to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Calls to landlines is 2.7 cents per minute, rather than 27 cents per minute,
so one tenth of what you thought. I wasn't aware of the connection fee, so
thanks for bringing that to my attention. It looks like it's only 5.9 cents
though, not 59 cents.

I have no idea about the data usage over 30 minutes I'm afraid.

Cheers, Steven

On 5/6/08 6:34 PM, "John Daniels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steven
> Thanks for the info., I have downloaded Skype. I understand I can only
> conference free with Skype users and not with Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger
> users etc. Is that correct?
> I see that a phone call to UK costs 27c per minute plus 59c connection
> charge. The cost of my Westnet phone to UK is 21c per minute capped at $2.98
> for 30 minutes. Did I get that right?
> Also can anyone tell me the approx download in MB for say 30 minutes of
> video call?
> Cheers
> John.
>
> On 4/6/08 8:35 PM, "Steven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Skype does all of those and is cross-platform, plus widely used.
>>
>> www.skype.com
>>
>> Cheers, Steven
>>

>> On 4/6/08 8:33 PM, "John Daniels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks
>>> Can someone advise me the best video and audio messaging program to use, e.g
>>> iChat, Google Talk, msn Messenger or whatever?
>>> Cheers
>>> John