Hi...

I'm thinking you mean 'delta' update. Delta being shorthand for 'change' (as in delta-v for change in velocity). The Delta update only includes the changes from the previous version. Having a smaller update means it takes less time and bandwidth for everyone to download it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_%28letter%29

'alpha' would probably mean untested, pre-release! :)

Have fun,
Shay

Daniel Kerr wrote:
 Hi Chris

 They just use the smaller one on Software Update as it picks up the latest
 version as already there.
 Not everyone will have problems, so it's probably 90% of the time OK. But
 from most things I read and see, it's generally the alpha update that has
 caused the most problems.

 (Not worded very well, but hopefully that makes sense.) :o)

 Kind Regards
 Daniel