On 18/09/2008, at 9:45 PM, Ken Jackson wrote:

The problem is I Cal doesn't open I just get the message that it quit,
before it opens? Got a lot of settings I really don't want to lose too...

Your Calendar data is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/iCal. Try backing up this folder, then try deleting the preference files recommended by Ronni, AS WELL AS the the iCal folder just described. See if iCal launches. If so, then the corruption is in one of your .ics files.

If not, the problem is in iCal itself, in which case you'll need to get hold of a copy of Pacifist (Versiontracker will have it). This will allow you to extract the iCal installer from a copy of the MacOS X 10.4.11 installer (updater) which you hopefully still have. Reinstall iCal from this and see if this fixes the problem.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913