Thanks Mark for the input.... will give this a try now.

David

On 07/10/2008, at 11:45 AM, Mark Secker wrote:

I use this:
http://timesoftware.free.fr/timemachineeditor/

changed my back up time to once every 3 hours

Suggest you turn off the backup when disks are mounted/computer wakes from sleep options.... and I did find it needed a restart to kick in the changed times