The BIG mostly untold one is they have dropped ALL information about the "old" Cinema displays from their page (though they are still available in the online store)

interesting they have adopted "display port" for their new monitor (and of course in Apple's immutable way... their own proprietary "mini" version of the plug/port), No doubt you can expect the new 20" (if it's not dropped)

While Display port is backwards compatible with single link DVI ... OK it's not actually "compatible" BUT if the card and monitor support DVI it is passed through much like sRGB analogue is passed through DVI ports and cables on DVI-I equipped cards and monitors..... this allows you to. theoretically, use a simple adaptor to plug a DVI monitor in to a display port computer or vice versa.... I wonder if the new Apple Mini Display Port supports this

to use a dual link DVI monitor with the new Macbook Pros you will need an active converter as it will need to re code the dual link DVI digital signal to Display port (expect that to be much the same ballpark cost as a ADC monitor to DVI computer converter - $300 to $500 range?) I would assume that to go the other way (Dual link Computer to Display port display you're going to need something similar)