I don't know if this would work but I have used it many times to extract embedded pictures as separate files.

Open the document in Pages and save it immediately as a pages document.

Right click (cntrl click) on the new document and 'open the package contents'. With a bit of luck the PDFs might be files contained within.

Tell me if this works.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene