I have found that by simply dragging the embedded object onto the desktop and opening it from within a relevant application eg: image files - Graphic Convertor or Photoshop etc has always worked for me but I admit that I haven't tried it with an embedded PDF.

Further to Daniel's comments on sending certain file types to commercial printers, I quote from the Penfold Buscome Print Buyers Guide: Applications that are not commercially acceptable and should be avoided are Microsoft Publisher, Word, Excel or Powerpoint (among others)

Cheers
Ian

No, did not work.
Has anyone else met and solved this problem?

regards

robin