Hi Tom

I wouldn't hold my breath on SMART status. I've had it report a drive was
fine then the drive packed it in two days later and it had to be replaced.
Not once,..but twice with customers drives. So although it *may* report all
is well, sometimes it really isn't.

Just my 2cents worth.

Kind Regards
Daniel