On 16/04/2009, at 5:45 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi Matt,

If you don't have Quicktime Pro you can use Toast Titanium 8, 9 or 10 to convert video files to a variety of different types and export them
to your hard disk, or create & burn a DVD in Toast.

To export video:
1 At the left side of the Toast window, click Video and choose DVDVideo.

2 Add video files to the disc by dragging and dropping them into the Content Area from your hard disk or the Media Browser.

3 Select the video(s) you want to export.

4 Click Export at the bottom of the Toast window, or choose Disc > Export Video.

5 Choose the Format to convert to. There are several options:

■ DV: Creates a standard definition DV file that can be used with iDVD and iMovie. ■ DV 16:9: Creates a widescreen DV file that can be imported into iMovie HD, Final Cut Pro or Express.

6 Enter a name and choose the location to export to.

7 Click Save.
Toast displays a progress bar and status information as it exports the video.

NB: Converting video can be a very time consuming process, depending on the format and length of the video as well as the speed of your computer. Some machines may become sluggish when the CPU is being fully utilised to convert your video.

Hi Ronni ,

adding to your description , with video's saved from eyeTV ,
the Standard Definition video has Mpeg1 sound , and only has to multiplex before
recording to DVD .

High definition video has Dolby Sound which requires the signal to be " encoded " before burning to disc. It's the encoding that takes forever to process . Also the high Definition produces a larger sized file for the equivalent same time as SD

Cheers

Bob