Thanks for all the help fellas.

I've followed suggestions, and reached another snag.

In case this is relevant to my problem, I'm trying to access a Windows server running freesshd, from a remote Mac running latest Leopard.

After I run JellyfiSSH, I launch MS RDC for Mac, and after spinning its wheels for a while RDC returns the message "The Mac cannot connect to the Windows-based computer" followed by a few suggestions about the Windows server possibly not being set up to accept remote connections, the Windows server is not on, or the Mac or Windows machine is experiencing network problems.

The first two suggestions aren't valid because a Windows user has confirmed his remote access is working fine when I couldn't. So I suspect it is something I have wrong in JellyfiSSH.

The Windows IT guy I've been speaking with, who can access the Windows server remotely but isn't familiar with the MacOS, gave me the detail of what to enter into JellyfiSSH after I sent him some screenshots. He suspects my access problem may have something to with JellyfiSSH being a UNIX focussed tool, but just guessing. He wasn't sure of what option to choose for the field "Shell'. The options are bin/bash, /bin/csh, / bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, or /bin/zsh. We went for the first one. So there's my first question - anyone know which Shell option I should choose?

The "Type" option appears to have two settings. The first selection he was sure about, and that was SSH 2. The second setting he wasn't sure about. The options are des, 3des, blowfish, 3des-cbc, blowfish-cbc, cast128-cbc, arcfour, aes256-cbc. We ran with aes256-cbc. Second question - anyone know for sure which option?

Hopefully I can avoid having to try 40 different combinations of Shell setting and the Type setting.

Something else that may provide a clue.

When I click Connect on JellyfiSSH, a Terminal window appears asking for my password. I enter the passord, and the cursor drops to the next line, and presumably the password has been accepted, though there is no confirmation of that. I then click Connect on RDC, but what happens then is that in the Terminal window the following appears ...

client_input_channel_req: unexpected channel -1

Any hints most welcome.

Cheers, Steven