On 17/06/2009, at 10:48 PM, gary dorn wrote:

It seems the steps  I now have to do now are:
Print>Preview> file save As> select B & W in Quartz options> create file name

this now makes a B & W file which can be printed .

To me this has create a number of extra steps that is poor GUI - and contrary to "Apples ease of use".

BTW in my situation, I often create line drawings which have coloured lines, and I need to print them out as solid black lines ( which make it easier to see whilst I for trace over with my pen). The greyscale often tens to make the lines light dots rather than a solid black line, which then is hard to see through the tracing paper.

Sounds like another Automator project on the boil...

thats what I was thinking as well, I might have a go at it today.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913