Hi Clyde and WAMUG'ers,

Yes, this program was 'scary' to say the least. It just shows how
prudent one must be on the internet.

I am not sure of which application would be recommended to check for
the 'bots' etc on the Mac OS X, but I use a very good software called
Little Snitch which will indicate every time an application on my
computer wants to 'phone home'. I can then either allow it or stop it
from doing so.

How good it is  to stop the 'bots' I would not know, but possibly one
of our resident gurus - Ronni et al, could help with more info.

Kind regards,

Philippe C