On 27/08/2009, at 7:11 AM, rkor...@iinet.net.au wrote:

I'm about to show my age here :)

My first Apple was an Apple II+

Mine was an Apple //c in 1984. We bought in preference to the brand new Mac at the time because it had a lot more educational software for it, and the RAM was the same in each (128Kb! - not Mb!!). I also remember buying a 1 Megabyte RAM Card for an Apple IIgs I was using several years later, paying around $700 dollars for it and being happy with that! This card was populated with a veritable forest of 16k chips. Of course, that was in the days when Bill Gates was confidently predicting that no personal computer would ever need more that 640K of RAM.

Ahh, memories...

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948