On 09/09/2009, at 2:05 PM, Paul Weaver wrote:

Installed Snow Leopard OK but addresses in Address Book have gone. I have a backup of addresses but when I tried to import there was still no data showing. I tried importing to a new account on the same machine and there were no problems. On the account where Address Book is having problems the application is hanging and has to be force quitted. So the question is please, how do I restore the Address Book app on that account, bearing in mind that it's working ok on another account on the same machine?

I have also repaired permissions with no joy.

Hi Paul,

You say you have a backup of your previous AddressBook folder.

1.Locate in Home > Library > Application Support > AddressBook folder in your previous home folder. 2.Copy that folder to the same location in your new home folder, replacing the AddressBook folder there.
3.Open Address Book.

See if your Address Book works then and has all your contacts.