Hi all,

My iPhone 3G appears to have a issue with it's doc-connector. (Not communicating over USB, but is still charging. Have checked all cables and possible software issues with no avail). Similar issue has been reported online

Essentially the doc connector needs replacing, from what I can ascertain. The phone is still under warranty and ALSO has insurance with Optus.

After calling Optus I am informed that my iPhone needs to be sent away and will be returned in around a MONTH! AND the excesses involved may be up to $150 if it isn't a warranty repair.

After talking to the folks at Next Byte and Artref, they inform me that the only way to get iPhones repaired under warranty is by sending it through the network's repair arrangements.

I am contemplating getting an independent phone repair company in Perth to repair the doc connector for $185 which would likely be done overnight, but not covered by warranty.

I suspect someone on WAMUG has had to deal with repairing an iPhone and I would appreciate any advice. Being without my phone for a month is totally unacceptable, and it was for this reason I invested in insurance which appears to be a joke.

Cheers, James