Hi Walter,

There won¹t be any problems with this. DHCP just assigns an IP address to a
computer when it requests one. It uses the MAC address to assign it and if
computer name is provided in the requests packet it puts that into the
computer name field. It can also be used with DHCP Client Id. If the
computer has a previous lease then the DHCP server gives it back the same IP
address. If you have a power outage it loses all settings. The modem doesn¹t
use these settings for lookup so it won¹t cause an issue. Generally modems
don¹t pick up Mac computer names, however if you are running Windows in
Parallels (or Fusion or VirtualBox or Bootcamp), then it will pick up the
name. Remember your Mac can have 4 separate MAC addresses if you are running
a Virtual Machine, one native Ethernet, one native Airport, and same again
under the VM.

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart Evans
T4 Technology

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE YOU PRINT THIS E-MAIL