On 01/11/2009, at 7:55 AM, Glenn Nicholas wrote:

Hi Wamuggers,

Our iMac G5 20" took a swan dive recently. The display is still
working, but there is some kind of damage at the top of the screen
that shows two ink-blot style marks bleeding down from the top of the
screen. Below that damage there is a 2cm wide set of vertical lines
being displayed down the full height of the screen - almost looks like
a vertical split bar.

A 'screenshot' showing the damage is here:
http://om4.com.au/imac-g5-screen-damage/

Bottom line - can it be fixed? What is it likely to cost compared to
cost of a new iMac.

Hi Glenn,

Ouch ... not nice! To replace the LCD Screen will be expensive.
$759US quoted here, they are in Santa Clara, CA (Local Drop Off ... absolutely no use to you other than an idea of the price involved).
<http://www.myservice.com/imac.html>

Is it covered by your Insurance Policy - Accidental Damage?
The new iMacs are beautiful machines ;-)
Especially the new 27" iMac ... it's a "Wow" machine!
<http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9139916/Apple_s_new_27_in._iMac_is_stunning_?taxonomyId=163&pageNumber=1 >

Daniel Kerr I'm sure will be able to give you a better idea of the cost involved and the price of a NEW iMac.
---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960