On 28/11/2009, at 11:35 AM, Martin Sulkowski wrote:

> M Sulkowski
> Mac OS 10.6.2
> 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
>
> Since upgrading to 10.6.2 I have some weird mail behavour.
> Almost every  9 from10 can not be send = server can not be found > try later
> >mail is saved in outbox > I then doubleclick the message >click send > and
> the message leaves without any problem.
> Any ideas to what to look for

Hi Martin,

When you setup your Account are these the details you put in?
Mail Preferences > Accounts - Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.reachnet.com.au and
that "Use only this server" is ticked.
And NO tick in "Use Authentication"
Outgoing Mail Security: NO tick in "Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Authentication: None

Your Account Summary should look like this:
Account Description:  msulkow...@reachnet.com.au
Full Name: Martin Sulkowski
Email Address: msulkow...@reachnet.com.au
Username: msulkow...@reachnet.com.au

Incoming Mail Server: pop3.reachnet.com.au
                      SSL: Off

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.reachnet.com.au
                     SSL: Off

Let us know if you have these settings and still cannot "send" mail.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)