HI Chris,

The other alternative to your in-house problem would have been to buy a signal booster, since it was only occurring in your house. These are available for $150-450 depending on how much coverage you need.

I only say this because I've seen the "blue tick" range and frankly it's crap and I don't think people should have to settle for the reject handsets that Telstra deem worthy to certify. The only people that truly need "blue tick" handsets are those travelling around australia on a camper van or with no fixed address. Many of the phones on the market meet or exceed the blue tick spec, it's just down to telstra reducing costs of certifying handsets.

Dave