Hi all,

I noticed this SMH article today ³Telstra dials up wireless price cuts²:
<http://www.smh.com.au/business/telstra-dials-up-wireless-price-cuts-2010011
4-ma5k.html>

The article says:
> In a week in which the Australian Communications and Media Authority revealed
> a 162 per cent rise in the number of wireless subscribers over the past year,
> Telstra cut the price of packages by up to a third. It also doubled the data
> cap for its entry-level plan to 400 megabytes a month.
>
> ''[We] will cater for the increase in wireless broadband use by doubling the
> monthly data allowance on the entry-level plan to 400MB for no additional
> cost, catering for users who like to surf, download music and email
> moderately. The new allowance lets customers download up to 40 MP3 music
> files,'' Telstra said.
>
> The company also cut the price of its 1GB plan from $59.95 a month to $39.95,
> and introduced a $49.95 a month 3GB plan. It has also cut the price of its
> existing 5GB, $89.95 a month plan to $79.95 and tacked on an extra 1GB. Prices
> are even lower if customers bundle the plans with other services such as
> landlines.
>
> The price cuts are an acknowledgment of the explosive growth in the use of
> devices such as the BlackBerry and iPhone.

I must admit, I find the whole phone plan/data allowance maze very confusing
­ so does this announcement only apply to broadband internet ­ or, as
implied in the last quoted para, does it mean that Telstra¹s iPhone plans
now give you more/cheaper data for your iPhone?

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton