If you don't have a backup copy then redoing all of your tables will be the incentive to create backups in future.

Make sure you do the following:

1  in the menus choose Word:Preferences:Save

2  Tick 'Always create backup copy'

3  Tick 'Save auto recovery every xx min" and set the time to 5 minutes

4 Train yourself to type Command-s at frequent intervals while working on any M$ Word document.

5 At the end of each half-day save a copy of the document with the date and time as part of its name. Preferably save on some medium other than your normal hard disk, so that when your hard disk crashes or a head falls off you will only have to redo half a day's in the worst case. Hopefully the crash occurs very soon after you have saved, on another medium, your dated and timed copy.

I have done the above routine ever since, in the 1980s, an acquaintance experienced a head failure on a hard disk (an external Apple Hard Disk with a capacity of all of 40MB) on which she lost most of a book she had been writing during the previous year on her Mac Plus. I was the one who finally gave her the bad news after she asked me to come and help; it wasn't a joyous occasion.