Thank you, Ronnie,
I will do that.

I use Gmail for my WAMUG list although my concern is with Mail.  My email to
WAMUG which you have answered has not appeared in my WAMUG inbox although
there have been questions from others arriving.  Greg Manzie very kindly
came to the rescue yesterday off list and we found Mail Preferences missing
from my Home Library and my Hard Disc library.  (I hope I have that right.)
 At his suggestion, I did a Repair Permissions and a Combo Update followed
by another Repair Permissions.  The later Repair Permissions showed many
more items.

Perhaps I need to call Apple service and I am really adding all this extra
detail today for your  information rather than expecting to take up more of
your time.

Incidentally, Mail seems all right today!

Thanks again, Jennifer