Hi
I'm trying to restore a students account ontonew macbook using the students external HD time machine backup (that backed up the old macbook which is kaput).
Both Migration Assistant and the original mac setup program fail to recognise the time machine backup. I get to the point where you have to select the time machine backup volume, the usb drive is plugged in, but I just get a spinning wheel that continues to spin.
Although i can see the volume on the desktop.
Could it be because the student was using 10.5 and the new macbook is 10.6??
Or is what i'm trying to do not possible?
Any ideas appreciated please
ta
Blitto

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>