At http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/LOL~3.html there are over eighty definitions for lol, from 'laugh out loud' to 'lewd obscene language'.
Which one of the 80+ definitions were you using Sam?
Merv

malcolm Tate wrote:

Thankyou for your replies

Sorry for the delay in replying, my weekend ended up flying by without me realising it. I have a Power PC G4, and as much as I wrote for clarification I think I was hoping you would all go ... no, its fine, all computers do that from time to time, its good .... Looks like I may need to look at something new rather soon ... now the debate, PC so its compatible for the kids school, or my lovely mac, and sort out compatibility later lol. I could see all the icons, pictures, everything on the screen Ronni, it was just dim, like someone had turned the brightness down.

Sam