Can anyone recommend an iPhone plan for me?

I¹m somewhat ambivalent about mobiles in general and smart phones
specifically however clients I support are increasingly requiring assistance
with iPhone issues.

As such I¹m asking work to purchase or subsidise my purchase of a iPhone.

Ideally either myself or work would buy the phone outright and own it (not
locked to a service provider) and then I would have my own contract or plan
that work would partially subsidise.

Usage would be sporadic, swinging from between low to  medium volume usage
for both data and voice. We¹re talking on average checking email once or
twice a day and making  one or two calls or SMS¹s a day tops then spiking up
to using checking mail 16 to 20 times a day and making 5 to 10 calls a day
for maybe 4 or 5 non contiguous  weeks a year.

Ideally I¹d be wanting to keep total cost of service to below $60 per month
though, of   course, not knowing much about the service plans I realise this
might be  unrealistic .

I¹d be needing voice and data coverage for all capital cities and desiring
to have at least email level of data coverage for SW of Western Australia
(Albany and the Bunbury to Margaret River area)

Can anyone suggest a pre paid service or contract plan?

mark.sec...@uwa.edu.au
Mark Secker (Ba. Bus. IS/IP, ECU)
Computer officer, Business School IT Services

The University of Western Australia - CRICOS provider number 00126G
M261 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley 6009
Phone 6488 1855, Fax 6488 1055,