From: wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au [mailto:wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au] On
Behalf Of Reg Whitely
Sent: Monday, 19 April 2010 5:16 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: Mouse battery level indicator stays on 61%

Hi Peter

I have a Magic Mouse which I use in my classroom with my MacBook Pro
hooked up to the data projector. All the kids can see the screen and
pass the mouse around to select various items and highlight text for
editing. A bluetooth keyboard would also be useful in this way. Today
I had to smile as we had a lady doing a presentation at school to
staff, using her little Acer or asus or whatever mini comp connected
to her own data projector. She needed a DVD shown so I hooked up my
MacBook to our school data projector and took my Magic Mouse to the
table I was sitting at to control the movie. She didn't know I had the
mouse and thought I'd forgotten to start the DVD so went to the Mac
and used the trackpad. She couldn't understand what was happening ;-)

I have 2 rechargeable batteries in it and they are yet to need
recharging, but I admit I use it only once or twice a week in class.

Regards

Reg

On 19/04/2010, at 8:51 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

> On 18/04/2010, at 9:00 AM, Crisp, Peter wrote:
>
>> Since retiring the MM, I got myself a Logitech Nano VX mouse and it
>> is
>> still on the FIRST set of batteries from then! It is a great wireless
>> mouse despite not having the features of the MM - but it was
>> getting a
>> bit tiring replacing batteries less than every week. The MM despite
>> its
>> great features, if they don't work reliably and consistently, it's a
>> dud.
>
> I agree. I have to say that as much as I like the design and
> philosophy of the Magic Mouse, I'm still not sure that I'm the
> market for an off-the-shelf purchase of one. I'm still waiting to be
> convinced of the need for wireless mice and keyboards on desktop
> computers in general use (if I'm that far away from the computer
> that wireless devices become necessary, I can't see the screen
> anyway!), the Logitech Bluetooth mouse I bought over three years ago
> for use with my Macbook Pro is still on its second change of
> batteries. It just never stops.
>
> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
> Perth, Western Australia
> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948

*****************************
NOTICE - This message from Hatch is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or proprietary.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain
viruses. By communicating with us via e-mail, you accept such risks.  When
addressed to our clients, any information, drawings, opinions or advice
(collectively, "information") contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions expressed in the governing agreements.  Where no such agreement
exists, the recipient shall neither rely upon nor disclose to others, such
information without our written consent.  Unless otherwise agreed, we do not
assume any liability with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the
information set out in this e-mail.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy and delete the
message from your computer.